Dr. Angela C. Wu, C.M.D. (China) L.Ac, O.M.D., is a licensed acupuncturist and a certified doctor of oriental medicine with over 40 years of experience in acupuncture, herbology, and other Chinese healing arts. Career highlights include:
- Appointed by the Governor of California to the state’s first acupuncture licensing board in 1982
- Founded San Francisco State University’s Chinese Healing Studies program in 1981 and served on the faculty until 2002
- Dr. Angela C. Wu was a faculty member in the Institute of Holistic Health Studies (IHHS) department of San Francisco State University for many years. As an expert practitioner of traditional Chinese medicine she offered students precious insight into the value of alternative healing practices. In support of the IHHS mission, Dr. Wu created a special fund to benefit the programs and students – The Angela Wu Holistic Health Fund
- Dr. Wu co-founded the HIV/AIDS and Chinese Medicine Annual Conference in 1993, which for the first time brought both Western and Eastern doctors and practitioners together to discuss the HIV/AIDS epidemic. In addition she earned recognition for her work with HIV/AIDs patients.
- Served as chairperson of the Healing Tao Instructors Association, conducted workshops and certified practitioners in Qi Gong and Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Authored Fertility Wisdom: How Traditional Chinese Medicine can Help Overcome Infertility (Rodale), a bestselling title in Amazon.com’s fertility category
Click here to read a Personal Reflection by Dr. Angela Wu