Dr. Angela C. Wu, C.M.D. (China) L.Ac, O.M.D., is a licensed acupuncturist and a certified doctor of oriental medicine with over 40 years of experience in acupuncture, herbology, and other Chinese healing arts. Career highlights include:
- Appointed by the Governor of California to the state’s first acupuncture licensing board
- Founded San Francisco State University’s Chinese Healing Studies program in 1981 and served on the faculty until 2002
- Dr. Angela C. Wu was a faculty member in the Institute of Holistic Health Studies (IHHS) department of San Francisco State University for many years. As an expert practitioner of traditional Chinese medicine she offered students precious insight into the value of alternative healing practices. In support of the IHHS mission, Dr. Wu created a special fund to benefit the programs and students.
- Co-founded the HIV/AIDS and Chinese Medicine Annual Conference in 1993 and earned recognition for her work with HIV/AIDs patients.
- Served as chairperson of the Healing Tao Instructors Association and conducted workshops in Qi Gong and Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Authored Fertility Wisdom: How Traditional Chinese Medicine can Help Overcome Infertility (Rodale), a bestselling title in Amazon.com’s fertility category